- It will almost always be to your advantage to keep your current coverage without any changes. However, if you have limited income and resources, you may qualify for extra help from Medicare.
- Call the Department of Defense at 1-800-538-9552 for information on military retiree benefits.
- If you have TRICARE for Life (for military retirees), contact your benefits administrator for more information about your TRICARE for Life coverage before making any changes.
- Go to www.TRICARE.mil on the web for more information on TRICARE for Life.
- If you lose your TRICARE coverage and join a Medicare drug plan, in most cases, you won’t have to pay a penalty, as long as you join within 63 days of losing your coverage.