National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment] Discussions posted FYI

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Sun Nov 27 15:46:26 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

I hope this email finds you well. I have (finally!) finished putting
together a number of discussion threads and writing accompanying
summaries of discussions that were held here in this forum starting from
fall of 2004 to present. Some of the discussions were Guest
Discussions, others were conversations that carried on for a number of
days (sometimes a couple of weeks) and provided rich ideas and in-depth
thoughts and experiences in particular subject areas.

You will be able to find all the Guest Discussions posted at the Guest
Speaker Discussion Archive - but they will not be posted there for
another week or so. The Guest Speaker Discussion Archive can be found
at: http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/list_guests.html.

In the meantime, both the Guest Discussions and regular discussions are
posted at the ALEWiki Assessment Area:
http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Assessment_Information
Click on Discussions and you will see the following listed there:

Excerpts from High Stakes Testing and Standardized Assessment

Measuring Literacy: Performance Levels for Adults, Interim Report

Excerpts from discussion on Literacy vs. Reading, and TABE

Excerpts from discussion on Literacy Needs and Accountability Versus
Instruction

The Adult Reading Components Study - ARCS Reading Diagnostic

The (U.S.) National Reporting System (NRS) and Use of Test Scores

Excerpts from discussion on Teacher Evaluation

The REEP Writing Assessment Rubric

Excerpts from Assessment in Family Literacy

Test Construction

Excerpts from Commercial Standardized Tests

Excerpts from Teacher Qualifications in Assessment

I hope that you find these resources handy and useful. If you use them
in any way, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or information on
how you used them and if you indeed found them useful.

Thank you!

marie cora
Moderator, The National Institute for Literacy Assessment Discussion
List, and
Coordinator/Developer LINCS Assessment Special Collection at
http://literacy.kent.edu/Midwest/assessment/

marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com