June 25, 2008
In 2007, 20 percent of employed persons age 15 and over did
some or all of their work at home on days that they worked and
87 percent did some or all of their work at their workplace. On
an average day, nearly all persons (96 percent) engaged in
some sort of leisure activity.
May 08, 2008
In the years 2003-06, married mothers who were employed full
time were more likely to do household activities and provide
childcare on an average day than were married fathers who
were employed full time. Among full-time workers, married
fathers were more likely to work than were married mothers.
- Time Use Survey, 2006 (HTML) (PDF)
- Time Use Survey, 2005 (TXT) (PDF)
- Time Use Survey, 2004 (TXT) (PDF)
- Time Use Survey, 2003 (TXT) (PDF) (Corrections)
- To receive e-mail announcements about the American Time Use Survey, please contact the ATUS staff.