(The Editor’s Desk is updated each business day.)
Welcome to The Editor's Desk
“What is The Editor's Desk?”
We're glad you asked. Each business day, The Editor's Desk:
- brings fresh information from all over the Bureau of Labor Statistics right to your computer screen
- highlights intriguing BLS data that you might otherwise have missed
- focuses on one or two specific points of a report rather than presenting a general summary
- provides links to further analysis at the bottom of each story
- gives you a way to send us your feedback about The Editor's Desk.
We think that if you give The Editor's Desk a few minutes a day, within a week you'll sound pretty clever about economics, within a month you will be extremely well-informed about the economy, and within a year you will be broadly educated in economic statistics and labor economics.
Please use the Feedback button to let us know how we're doing or to comment on content. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Editor's Desk Staff
Editor-in-chief: William Parks II
Executive producer: Mary Jablonski
Contributing editors: Douglas Himes, James Titkemeyer
Web production:Â Imran Khan
T.E.D. Web Design Team Members (Past and Present):
Richard M. Devens, Kate Donohue, Michael Horton, Charles J. Muhl, Daniel Murphy, James Power, Catharine Stewart and Jo-Ann Yu