- GOAL 1 - Prevent ongoing and future exposures and resultant health effects from hazardous waste sites and releases.
- GOAL 2 - Determine human health effects associated with exposure to Superfund-related priority hazardous substances.
- GOAL 3 - Mitigate the risks of human health effects at toxic waste sites with documented exposures.
- GOAL 4 - Build and enhance effective partnerships.
- GOAL 5 - Promote effective and efficient agency management.
- Overview of the Agency
The following goals have been established for ATSDR:
The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) is the principal federal public health agency charged with the responsibility of evaluating the human health effects of exposure to hazardous substances. The agency works in close collaboration with local, state, and other federal agencies, with tribal governments, and with communities and local health care providers. The goal of the agency is to help prevent or reduce harmful human health effects from exposure to hazardous substances.FY 2007 Performance Plan [PDF, 399 KB]