Skip Navigation

Where can I go to get free or low-cost health care? Is there a web site that helps me locate inexpensive health care?


You may want to consult the HHS Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) directory of health centers at - these health centers provide care on a sliding fee scale so it is affordable for anyone. You can receive care even if you are uninsured or cannot pay. Search the directory by zip code to find the centers nearest you.

The Hill-Burton program, while limited in scope, provides funds to hospitals and other health care facilities in exchange for their provision of a specified amount of free or reduced cost health care to low-income people. To find out if you qualify for Hill-Burton assistance you must apply at the admissions or business office at a Hill-Burton facility. For more information and a directory of facilities, please see the HRSA Frequently Asked Questions  about the Hill-Burton program .

Last Updated: 4/22/2008