The FDA Centers for Biologics Evaluation & Research maintains the information on each recalled or withdrawn product. Below is a list of the vaccines recalled or withdrawn, with a link to the FDA web page for that item.
Note for Health Care Providers: For instructions regarding what to do with recalled vaccines, please contact the vaccine manufacturer.
Go to our Questions about recalled vaccines page for more information.
- Recall of Hib Vaccine (Merck) - December 12, 2007 (exit)
See For providers: Q&As on recall of Hib vaccine
See For Parents: questions and answers on recall of Hib vaccine
See For providers: Hib Vaccine Recall and Shortage: What Parents Need to Know
- Recovery Notice: Fluvirin (Influenza Virus Vaccine) - October 20, 2006 (exit)
- Recall of Decavac Vaccine - (Amerisource Bergen / Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.) - May 30, 2006 (exit)
- Recall of Rabies Vaccine (Human Diploid Cell), Imovax Rabies
Aventis Pasteur - April 2, 2004 (exit)
- Recall of Rabies Vaccine, IMOVAX Rabies - (Aventis Pasteur, Inc) - September 9, 2003 (exit)
Contacts Outside CDC
- Merck Hib National Service Center 1-800-672-6372
- Aventis Pasteur Rabies Recall Information Hotline: 1-800-835-3587 (exit)
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts: FDA, United States (exit)
- Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS): 800-822-7967 (exit)
Non-CDC Link Disclaimer: Links to non-Federal organizations found at this site are provided solely as a service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CDC or the Federal Government, and none should be inferred. The CDC is not responsible for the content of the individual organization web pages found at these links.
Content last reviewed on December 14, 2007
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases