Skip Navigation

How do you file a complaint with the HHS Office for Civil Rights?


If you believe you have been discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or religion by a health care and human services entity over which the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has jurisdiction, such as state and local social and health services agencies, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes or other entities receiving Federal Financial Assistance from HHS providers (such as hospitals, nursing homes, social service agencies, etc.), you or your representative may file a complaint with the HHS Office for Civil Rights. Complaints alleging discrimination in services on the basis of disability against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or state and local government health or social service agencies may also be filed with OCR.  

For more information about how to file a complaint, see our fact sheet, "How To File A Discrimination Complaint With The Office For Civil Rights".

For additional information about filing a complaint, please review these related answers:


Last Updated: 5/14/2008