The Office of Policy and Strategic Planning develops strategic policy priorities and provides policy counsel to the leadership of the Department of Commerce. Specifically, the Office of Policy and Strategic Planning works with the Department's leadership by:
- Developing strategic policy priorities
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of policy initiatives that support these priorities
- Supplying timely and relevant policy advice to the Secretary and Deputy Secretary
- Providing feedback to Bureau leadership regarding Administration and Department perspectives
- Engaging bureaus within the Department to ensure coordination and integration of policy initiatives with secretarial and Administration objectives
- Leading cross-bureau initiatives and supporting the implementation of bureau-led policy initiatives
- Offering policy input into secretarial communications by coordinating bureau policy input
- Synthesizing input and ideas from the Administration, the private sector, non-profit organizations and the academic community to inform the Department's policy formulation process
1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20230
For information about news releases and speeches please visit the newsroom or contact the Office of Public Affairs at 202-482-4883.
- Last Updated:
- August 29, 2008
- Questions regarding this section may be directed to the Department of Commerce Webmaster