The Secret Service ONLY accepts applications during current vacancy announcement periods.
These positions are associated with the direct support of professional or administrative personnel. Assignments are generally non-routine in nature and involve extensive practical knowledge which is either gained through on-the-job experience, specialized training or by a college education.
Listed below is a sampling of position titles:
- Information Technology Specialist
- Operations Support Technician
- Protective Support Technician
- Materials Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Document Analyst
- Fingerprint Specialist
- Access Control Coordinator
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Physical Security Specialist
- Special Officer
- An applicant tentatively selected for a position must submit to urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
- Actual appointment will be contingent upon the receipt of a negative drug test result.
- All Secret Service positions require a top secret security clearance. Some positions require the applicant to take a polygraph and/or a medical examination.
- An applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Low-cost health and life insurance may be obtained through federal employee programs. Immediate family members may be included in health and benefit plans.
- Annual leave accumulates at a rate of 13 to 26 days each year depending on length of employment. Prior federal civilian or military service is counted toward the annual leave account, as authorized.
- Sick leave accrues at a rate of 13 days each year with unlimited accrual.
- Paid holidays.
- Comprehensive retirement programs with retirement credit for prior military or Federal Government service are provided, as authorized.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
For More Information
For more information contact the Secret Service Personnel Division at
202-406-5800, 888-813-USSS (8777), 866-898-3119 or TTY 202-406-5390.
How to Apply
The Secret Service ONLY accepts applications for current vacancies.
An Equal Opportunity Employer