Professional and Administrative Positions
The Secret Service ONLY accepts applications during current vacancy announcement periods. These positions involve work that requires knowledge in a field of science or learning that is characteristically
acquired through education or training equivalent to a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in a specialized
field. The work of a professional occupation requires an individual to exercise discretion and judgment in applying a
scholarly body of knowledge to various subject matters. The use of these skills results in interpretations and the
development of improved data, materials, techniques and procedures to obtain desired results.
Listed below is a sampling of professional position titles:
- Budget Analyst
- Civil Engineer
- Contract Specialist
- Electronics Engineer
- Materials Engineer
- Operations Research Analyst
- Procurement Analyst
- Research Psychologist
- Law Enforcement Instructor
- Instructional Systems Specialist
These positions involve the application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices
applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Although the positions do not require a specialized
educational background, they do involve analytical, research, writing and judgmental skills and abilities. These
skills are usually acquired through a general college education or through progressively responsible experience.
Listed below is a sampling of position titles:
- Administrative Officer
- Criminal Research Specialist
- Facilities Management Specialist
- Intelligence Research Specialist
- Management Analyst
- Human Resources Specialist
All applicants tentatively selected for a particular position must submit to urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Actual appointment will be contingent upon the receipt of a negative drug test result. All Secret Service positions require top secret security clearance. Some positions require the applicant to take a polygraph examination. An applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Low-cost health and life insurance may be obtained through federal employee programs. Immediate family members
may be included in health and benefit plans.
- Annual leave accumulates at a rate of 13 to 26 days each year depending on length of employment. Prior federal
civilian or military service is counted toward the annual leave account, as authorized
- Sick leave accrues at a rate of 13 days each year with unlimited accrual
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive retirement programs with retirement credit for prior military or Federal Government service are
provided, as authorized.
- Flexible Spending Account Program
For More Information
For more information contact the Secret Service Personnel Division at
202-406-5800, 888-813-USSS (8777), 866-898-3119 or TTY 202-406-5390.
How to Apply
The Secret Service ONLY accepts applications for current vacancies.
An Equal Opportunity Employer