Administrative Support and Clerical Support Positions
The Secret Service ONLY accepts applications during current vacancy announcement periods.
Administrative support and clerical support occupations involve data entry, typing, filing, answering telephones
and other support assistance for technical, administrative and professional personnel. These positions require
training, experience or a working knowledge related to the tasks.
Listed below is a sampling of position titles:
- Accounting Technician
- Financial Crimes Assistant
- Office Automation Assistant
- Office Manager
- Human Resources Assistant
- Security Assistant
- Senior Squad Assistant
- Time and Leave Clerk
- Investigative Assistant
The wide variety of clerical/administrative support positions provides many opportunities for career progression to various administrative, professional and technical occupations.
Applicants for Secret Service entry-level administrative support and clerical positions may apply directly to the Secret Service when a vacancy announcement is open for a particular position. Applicants who do not have government reemployment or transfer status may only apply for announcements where the area of consideration is "All Sources" or "US Citizens." Applicants are required to self-certify on their application form for employment that they meet any typing requirements listed in the vacancy announcement.
All Secret Service positions require a top secret security clearance. An applicant must be a citizen of the United States. All applicants tentatively selected for a position must submit to a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
- Low-cost health and life insurance may be obtained through federal employee programs. Immediate family members may be included in health and benefit plans.
- Annual leave accumulates at a rate of 13 to 26 days each year, depending on length of employment. Prior federal civilian or military service is counted toward the annual leave account, as authorized.
- Sick leave accrues at a rate of 13 days each year with unlimited accrual
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive retirement programs with retirement credit for prior military or federal government service are provided, as authorized.
- Flexible Spending Account Program
For More Information
For more information contact the Secret Service Personnel Division at
202-406-5800, 888-813-USSS (8777), 866-898-3119 or TTY 202-406-5390.
How to Apply
The Secret Service ONLY accepts applications for current vacancies.
An Equal Opportunity Employer