Congressional Reports: Search
Congressional reports originate from congressional committees and deal
with proposed legislation and issues under investigation. The database
for the current Congress is updated irregularly, as electronic versions
of the documents become available.
- To search by report number, enter (in quotes) either "h."
for House of Representatives or "s." for Senate, followed
by "rpt." and the number. For example, "h. rpt.108-37".
- To search for a report number in both the House of Representatives
and the Senate, enter (in quotes) the number only. For example, "108-26".
- To narrow a search, use the Boolean operators ADJ (adjacent), AND,
OR and NOT. For example: "district of columbia" AND expenses.
- To find variations on words, truncation can be used.For example: legislat*
will retrieve both legislation and legislative.
- How to select multiple databases
in a search box.