skip navigation
From Farm to Table image Gateway to Government Food Safety Information


* Food Safety News and Safety Alerts * Consumer Advice on Food Safety * Stuff for Kids and Teens * Industry Assistance * Reporting Illnesses and Product Complaints * Foodborne Pathogens (Bad Bugs) * National Food Safety Programs * Federal, State and Local Government Agencies * More Information: Education, Publications... * Search and Government food safety sites
Reporting Illnesses and
Product Complaints

Foodborne Illness

Meat, Poultry, & Egg Products

Seafood, Fruits, Vegetables, & Other Non-Meat Food Products

Food Away from Home
E.g. caterers, restaurants, community picnics

  • Contact your state or local Health Department.
    Phone numbers may be found in your local phone directory.

Advertising and Fraud Complaints

Bottled water

Ground water and drinking water

Dietary Supplements

Other Complaints
Reports and complaints about the following should be made to the agencies listed. Phone numbers can be found in your local phone directory:

  • Unsolicited products in the mail--U.S. Postal Service
  • Accidental poisonings--Poison control centers or hospitals
  • Pesticides or air and water pollution--U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
  • Hazardous household products (including toys, appliances, and chemicals)--Consumer Product Safety Commission, 1-800-638-2772
  • Alcoholic beverages--Department of Treasury's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
  • Drug abuse and controlled substances--Department of Justice's Drug Enforcement Administration
  • Hazardous chemicals in the workplace--Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration
  • Warranties--Federal Trade Commission
  • Dispensing and sales practices of pharmacies--State board of pharmacy
  • Medical practice--State certification board
Privacy | Accessibility | Webmaster | Last updated on 2007-NOV-16 by ear/dms/cjm