non-personal information our computer systems collect
The standard non-personal information that we electronically collect
and store about your visit to our Web site includes:
No other identifying information is collected.
- The domain name from which you access the Internet. For example, if
you connect to the internet through America Online, the domain name is
- The name and version of your computer's operating system and
browser. For example, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Netscape
Navigator, or Firefox.
- Depending on your method of access, the Internet protocol (IP)
address of the computer you use to access the Internet. An IP address is
a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you
log onto your Internet Service provider.
- The Internet address of the Web site from which you come to our site
if you do not enter directly from www.socialsecurity.gov. For example, you come to
our site by clicking on a FirstGov link.
- The date, time, how long you stay on our site, and the pages you