Thoroughly read this guide and provide all information requested.
The information you give is very important because it will help us determine whether you meet the legal requirements for Federal employment and it allows us to evaluate your qualifications for the position.
- Apply by submitting a résumé or Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF-612).
- Place in the top right corner of each page of your application: job title, grade and job announcement number of the position for which you are applying.
- Veterans should provide a copy of a DD-214 verifying honorable military service.
- Provide your social security number, name, address, home and office phone numbers.
- Applications received in postage-paid Government envelopes will not be considered and are a violation of Federal law and regulation. SEC will only accept FAX applications if there is evidence that they were not sent from Federal Government FAX machines.
- United States citizenship is required. You must state in your application that you are a U.S. citizen.
- Males over age 18 born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System or have an exemption.
|EDUCATION & TRAINING
- List any formal education received in an accredited institution. Give full name and address of high school, college, university, law school; type of certificate, diploma, or degree; grade point average; and month, year degree earned (or when you expect to earn your degree).
- You must submit with your application a copy of your college or university transcript.
- List the job title of your position; name and address of employer; and, supervisor's name and telephone number. You must show beginning and ending employment dates in month and year (i.e., March 2000, 3/00 or 3/2003). You must show average hours worked per week and starting, ending and/or present salary.
- Describe (with examples) any work experience related to the specialized experience required by the vacancy announcement. Be explicit about what work you did and what kinds of skills you used in doing it; evaluators of your qualifications cannot read meaning into what you write. Do not assume that the evaluator will understand what work you have done just based on your title, the kind of business you were involved in, or the name of your organization or company.
- Indicate whether we may contact your present and previous employers.
- If you are currently or were formerly employed as a civilian in the Federal Government, indicate the highest grade held.
- A Human Resources Specialist will evaluate your application to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications specified on the vacancy announcement. All minimally qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting official who will make the final hiring decision.
|SPECIAL SELECTION PRIORITY
- This applies only to current or former career or career conditional Federal employees affected by reduction-in-force (RIF). Review your specific RIF notice about your rights and period of eligibility for special priority selection under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
- To receive special selection priority as a Federal employee, you must: (1) apply timely for a specific job announcement with no greater promotion potential than the position from which you have been or are being separated; (2) occupy or be displaced from a position in the same local commuting area of the vacancy for which you are requesting priority consideration; (3) have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful; and (4) determined to be well-qualified as a displaced Federal employee for the SEC position.
- If you meet the SEC's well-qualified criterion, your application will be referred to the selecting official before any other qualified candidate inside or outside the Federal Government.
|FILING A JOB APPLICATION
||You may: |
- Mail your application through the U.S. Postal Service. Mailed applications must be received by the closing date stated on the vacancy announcement.
- Fax your application to the fax phone number listed below and must be received by 5:30 EST on the closing date specified on the vacancy announcement.
|WHERE TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
||U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission|
Office of Administrative and Personnel Management (Mail Stop 0-1)
Attention: <Insert name specified on vacancy announcement>
6432 General Green Way
Alexandria, VA 22312
(Fax Number: 703-914-0556)