Skip to content
Social Security Online
SSA logo: link to Social Security Online home

Find An Answer to Your Question

Are you an employer? See answers to your W-2 Reporting questions.
Ask a Question
 My FAQ Update Notifications 
  hide accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
     Search Tips? 
  Answer ID  

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  How do I report receiving misleading information about SSA?
  I have received misleading advertising concerning Social Security. How can I report this to Social Security?

Our Office of the Inspector General investigates possible violations of section 1140 (see )  of the Social Security Act. That section of the law authorizes civil monetary penalties for misuse of certain Social Security words, symbols, or emblems.

Please send the complete mailing (or a copy), including the envelope, along with a brief explanation, to:

Office of Counsel to the Inspector General
Social Security Administration
Room 300, Altmeyer Building
6401 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, Maryland 21235

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Search for Another Answer
  Search for Another Answer  

Privacy Policy | Website Policies & Other Important Information | Site Map         Need Larger Text?