Export.gov logo and link to Export.gov Aerospace Industries





My company exports aerospace products overseas. I want to expand to other countries/regions. What should I do to learn more about other markets?

Aerospace products research reports are produced through the U.S. Commercial Service and are available through the Aerospace & Defense e-Market Express website.

In addition, we can provide information from sources originating from our Commerce offices around the world to the Commerce Export Assistance Center (EAC) nearest you.  They can create customized marketing reports for you for a small fee, and assist you in making contact in foreign markets.  In those few countries where we cannot provide an individual marketing report, we can provide you with a list of market research companies in those countries. 

The Trade Information Center (TIC) at the U.S. Department of Commerce provides basic export and country specific counseling.  The TIC is available Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern at 1-800-USA-TRAD(E) (1-800-872-8723), and by internet at http://tradeinfo.doc.gov

My company exports aerospace products regularly. Recently, we encountered a problem overseas. Can you help?

Yes.  At the macro level, the Office of Aerospace and Automotive Industries' Aerospace Team works with foreign governments to resolve various trade barriers through trade consultations and negotiations.

My company cannot afford to send staff to many aerospace trade shows and exhibiting from a booth. How can I get my product introduced to new markets through these shows in a less expensive manner?

Visit the EXPORT.GOV's Trade Event List

I am gathering some statistics on an aerspace-related topic. Where can I get information?

Please visit our section on aerospace-related international trade agreements and aerospace trade statistics. For additional information, contact Ronald Green.

My company used to be able to supply to major American aircraft manufacturers or prime contractors, but the big companies keep changing due to mergers and acquisitions. Can your office help?

The U.S. Department of Commerce, Manufacturing and Services' Aerospace Team cannot interfere with the operation of free market activity such as mergers and acquisitions. We can help companies that are concerned with diminished sales prospects in the U.S. by disseminating information about opportunities in overseas markets. 

What is a harmonized system (HS) number? Do I need one to export my product? How do I find it?

A harmonized system Schedule B number is necessary for all exports. Access the Census Bureau website at www.census.gov/foreign-trade/www or call for HS Assistance at (301) 457-1084.

I need seed money for my plant expansion. Foreign orders are projected to double in the next three years. Where can I borrow the funds?

The Small Business Administration or SBA, is a federal agency designed to assist small-sized companies. SBA specialists can advise you if you qualify as a small business.

What incentive is there for my aerospace company to export? 

There are at least two good reasons why you should export. First, your sales will increase. Second, you will have a broader customer base, which means more stability.

What is the grant program known as the MDCP? 

MDCP stands for Market Development Cooperator Program, which is run by the U.S. Department of Commerce. MDCP is a competitive, matching-grant program that provides assistance to non-profit export multipliers such as states development agencies, trade associations, chambers of commerce, world trade centers and other non-profit industry groups that help increase the exports of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). MDCP awards help to underwrite the start up costs of new export marketing ventures, which these groups are often reluctant to undertake without financial support. Contact Greg O'Connor or Jerry Morse at 202.482.3197 or fax: 202.482.5828.

I am aware that under U.S. law, bribery is illegal. Please tell me where I can find more information on this subject.

The U.S. Department of Commerce Trade Compliance Center  has information on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.





Contact Us| Site Map | FAQs | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
U.S. Department of Commerce | International Trade Administration | Manufacturing and Services