[Logo: Homes and Communities: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development]
[Vea la versión en español de esta página] [Contact Us] [Display the text version of this page] [Search/Index]

About Housing
Contact us
 - Single Family
 - - Audience groups
 - - Buying a home
 - - Events & training
 - - FHA insured loans
 - - Common questions
 - - Housing counseling
 - - HUD homes/ REO
 - - Owning a home
 - - Reference guide
 - - Regulatory programs
GSE Regulatory Oversight
Reading room
Online forums
Work online

HUD news




Working with HUD

Mailing lists
RSS Feeds

[The U.S. government's official web portal]  

Does HUD Owe You a Refund?

 Information by State
 Print version

Consumer Alert
Beware of "tracers" who offer to help you collect your refund for a fee. Although this practice is not illegal, you can get your refund directly from HUD for free.

Let us know if you have been harmed by a tracer or someone who asked you to become a tracer.

If you had an FHA-insured mortgage, you may be eligible for a refund from HUD/FHA.

For more information about refunds from HUD/FHA, read our fact sheet.

Search our database to find out if you are due a refund

  • Enter your last name or
  • enter your FHA case number (first 3 digits, a dash and the next 6 digits, example, 051-456789).
Case #:

Call our support center at 1-800-697-6967 or email us

  • to request a refund application, or
  • check on the status of your refund, or
  • your name does not appear, but you believe that you are owed a refund
Content updated November 2, 2005   Follow this link to go  Back to top   
FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links  Home [logo: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity]
[Logo: HUD seal] U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112   TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you