The Freedom of Information Act (5 USC §552) provides a means by which the public may access federal agency records, subject to nine exemptions and three law enforcement exclusions.
You may submit a FOIA request directly to the Economic Development Administration(EDA) for federal records that EDA maintains, as described below. If you seek records from more than one Department of Commerce bureau, or if you are unsure as to which Commerce bureau maintains the records that you seek, you may submit a FOIA request directly to the Department of Commerce Freedom of Information and Privacy Act officer.
The Commerce Department FOIA homepage provides additional information regarding FOIA requests. You may also wish to review Your Right to Federal Records, a joint publication of the Department of Justice and the General Services Administration concerning both the FOIA and the Privacy Act.
For your information, Department of Commerce regulations implementing FOIA are located at 15 C.F.R Part 4.
FOIA requests must contain the following:
1. identification of the records requested (be as specific as possible, i.e., describe the subject matter of the records, and, if known, indicate the dates of the records, the places where they originated, and the names of the originating persons or offices);
2. a statement indicating that the records are being requested under the Freedom of Information Act;
3. a daytime telephone number in case clarification is needed; and
4. an address to which EDA's response should be mailed.
Mark the envelope "Freedom of Information Request" and mail to the following address:
U.S. Department of Commerce
Economic Development Administration
FOIA and Privacy Act Officer
14th and Constitution Avenue, NW Room 7005
Washington, D.C. 20230
Requests may also be faxed to the attention of EDA's FOIA and Privacy Act Officer at (202) 482-5671.
Department of Commerce Electronic Reading Room
The following records can be accessed in the Department of Commerce Electronic Reading Room:
Department of Commerce Impac Credit Card Listing
- FOIA Policies
- Final Opinions
- Department of Commerce Policy Statement
- Certain Department of Commerce Administrative Staff Manuals
- Records and Forms
- Frequently Requested Records
- Major Information Systems
- Other Public Information Sources
- Selected Publications
- Department Online Libraries
EDA Electronic Reading RoomAdvancing California's Emerging Technologies (ACET)
|New Investments & GrantsDepartment of Commerce|