news Electronic Health Records Regional Workshops for HRSA Grantees
Especially for HRSA grantees planning on procuring or implementing an Electronic Health Records system (EHR) in the next six months or planning to join/already participating in a network.
The Health Resources and Services Administration
promotes the widespread availability and use of
digital networks to improve access to health care
services for people who are uninsured, isolated
or medically vulnerable.
Health Information Technology is the use of
information and communication technology in
health care. Health Information Technology can
- electronic health records
- personal health records
- e-mail communication
- clinical alerts and reminders
- computerized decision support systems
- hand-held devices
- other technologies that store, protect,
retrieve and transfer clinical, administrative,
and financial information electronically within
health care settings.
|Health Information Technology
HRSA is working to:
- Develop a strategy and supportive policy
that leverages the power of health information
technology and telehealth to meet the needs
of people who are uninsured, underserved and/or
have special needs.
- Identify, disseminate and provide technical
assistance to health centers and other HRSA
grantees in adopting model practices and technologies,
- Disseminate appropriate information technology
advances, such as electronic medical records
systems or provider networks.
- Promote grantee health information technology
advances and innovations as models.
- Work collaboratively with foundations, national
organizations, the private sector, and other
Government agencies to help HRSA grantees
adopt health information technology.
- Ensure that HRSA health information technology
policy and programs are coordinated with those
of other U.S. Department of Health and Human