Skip to content
Social Security Online
SSA logo: link to Social Security Online home

Find An Answer to Your Question

Are you an employer? See answers to your W-2 Reporting questions.
Ask a Question
 My FAQ Update Notifications 
  hide accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
     Search Tips? 
  Answer ID  

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  I am receiving benefits. Can I change my address online?
  I am receiving benefits. Can I change my address online?

You can change your address online by answering a series of questions that have to match our records.

You can also change your address on the Internet if you have established a permanent password. If you would like to get a password, you can apply online or you can call us at 1-800-772-1213.

If you do not want to answer the questions that are asked online and you do not have a permanent password, you cannot submit a change of address online. Instead, you can either speak to a Social Security representative by calling our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 or you can contact your local Social Security office. You can get addresses and telephone numbers of these offices from the Social Security Office Locator.

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Search for Another Answer
  Search for Another Answer  

Privacy Policy | Website Policies & Other Important Information | Site Map         Need Larger Text?