Career Voyages Main Banner
You Are Here HOME > Health Care > Allied Health  
High Growth Industries
Other Stuff
What's New
Other In-Demand Occupations
Careers Videos
Career Compass
Document Library
InDemand Magazine
O*NET Tools and Technology
Get the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Get the Real Player Plug-In
Get the Windows Media Player Plug-In
Students Parents Career Changers Career Advisors
Allied Health Allied Health Espanol | Print Version Espanol Print Version
  Allied Health
  Medical Laboratory
  Primary Care
  Acute Care
  Long-term Care
  Home Health Care
  Menu Bottom
  Health Care Videos
  Health Care Links
  Tools and Technology
  STEM Occupations (PDF)
Industry Profile IconPDF Industry Profile
Hot Facts IconPDF Hot Facts

X-Ray Technician

Did you know that doctors and nurses are only 40 percent of all health care providers? The other 60 percent are allied health practitioners. The work of these highly skilled health care providers support, facilitate, and compliment the roles of doctors and nurses. Over 5 million health care providers in the United States work in more than 80 allied health professions, which include:

These professionals get their training on the job, at community colleges, or at 4-year colleges and universities. Individuals who are trained for allied health professions are in high demand, and this demand will continue in the future. The top 30 fastest growing jobs in the U.S. predicted through 2010 are in allied health occupations. Read on to find out if one of these jobs could be right for you!

Three sites have information on allied health. We highlight the sites and the content we think you'll find useful as you explore your career options in this area of health care.

For a quick overview of what each site below offers, click the link.

Education and Training in Health Care

Apprenticeship Certifications Community Colleges 4-year Colleges Other Options
Industry Overview In-Demand Occupations

Top of Page

The White House - President George W. Bush [*]Home | About Us | Contact Us | Privacy & Security | Link To Us | Submit a Link
   Site Map | Promotional Materials | Partnerships | Freedom of Information Act
1-877-US-2JOBS (1-877-872-5627); TTY 1-877-889-5627

The U.S. government's official web portal.
cgi.HTTP_REFERER:, session.displaytopsectionyesno: 1yes2 Career Voyages - Brighter Future, Better Pay, Good Jobs Link to Department of Labor Link to Department of Education