Can NCBROWSE handle EPIC-style "time" + "time2" time convention?

Message from the ncbrowse mail list.

NcBrowsers:

Can NCBROWSE handle NetCDF files that use the EPIC-style time
convention where the time variable information is stored in two
variables "time" (julian day) and "time2" (milliseconds since
midnight)?

The time vector in days needs the therefore be constructed:

time_julian = "time" + "time2"/1000/3600/24

We unfortunately have a lot of data in this format.  If NCBROWSE can't
handle it now, I guess we might look at adding this functionality.
Perhaps by adding functionality to the java code that implements
UDUNITS?

Thanks,
Rich
--