Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), 2008-09 Edition
For hundreds of different types of jobs—such as teacher, lawyer, and nurse—the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions
In addition, the Handbook gives you job search tips, links to information about the job market in each State, and more.
Ways to use the Occupational Outlook Handbook site:
- To find out about a specific occupation or topic, use the Search box that is on every page—enter your search term in the box.
- To find out about many occupations, browse through listings using the Occupations links that are on the left side of each page.
- For a listing of all occupations in alphabetical order, select a letter:
About the Handbook: The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. The Handbook is revised every two years.