Contact Us


Thank you for visiting If you experience technical difficulties or problems with a link on the site, please send an e-mail to

We regret that we cannot provide personalized advice. In addition, is not able to provide individual financial assistance or scholarships, or process or address complaints about specific programs or government entities.

A number of other resources are available to help answer your questions about government programs, benefits and services. Please see below for further information.

Disability Benefit Eligibility, Applications or Payments is not the Web site for the Social Security Administration (SSA), the government agency that processes requests for disability benefits. That Web site is

Questions related to disability benefits, SSI or SSDI eligibility, applications or payments can be answered by contacting SSA's toll free number (1-800-772-1213). It is available 24 hours a day (including weekends and holidays). Representatives are available Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Questions about Specific Federal Government Programs for People with Disabilities

Please call 1-800-FED-INFO (1-800-333-4636/voice and TTY) Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Suggest A Link is the U.S. Government's online resource for people with disabilities - we link to information on federal, state and local government programs for people with disabilities. We provide links to federal, state and local government Web sites, as well as those of nonprofit organizations and educational institutions.

Since is a federal government Web site, we unfortunately are not able to link to for-profit companies.

If you would like to suggest a link for, please send an email to

Assistance & Resources at the State & Local Level

Assistance and resources in your state can be found by using the "State and Local Resources" map located on the right hand side of every category home page and select your state from the map on the page.

In addition, you can contact your local Independent Living Center (ILC), for assistance at the local level. ILCs provide people with disabilities advocacy and support services, including assistance with employment, transportation, housing, health care and living skills. A list of ILCs in the United States can be found by clicking this link: and selecting your state from the map on the page.

Legal Matters or Discrimination

For help with legal matters related to disability, please contact your state protection and advocacy service (P&A). P&As provide individuals with disabilities and/or mental illness free assistance in making sure their rights to education, employment opportunities, health care and other services are not violated. To find contact information for your state P&A, select your state from the map on this page. cannot provide legal advice on specific cases or act on behalf of individuals with regard to legal matters.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Questions

For questions related to the ADA, please contact the U.S. Department of Justice's Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information Hotline at 1-800-514-0301. ADA specialists are available Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) except on Thursday when the hours are 12:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.

The Americans with Disabilities Act Questions and Answers Fact Sheet is also available to address some of the most commonly asked questions about the ADA.

  • The White House: President George W. Bush
  • The U.S. government's official web portal.