(HealthDay News) -- Although most people realize when they've had enough and should stop eating, it's still often difficult to maintain portion control.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions to help prevent overeating:
- Use a smaller dish, so that it looks like your plate is more full.
- Serve up an appropriate portion, and don't tempt yourself with seconds.
- Put away leftovers quickly after dinner, and store them in portion-controlled containers. Freeze whatever you don't want right away.
- Never eat right out of the bag, box or takeout container.
- Put bowls or platters of food away or out of sight during dinner.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit the healthfinder.gov health library.