Skip to content
Social Security Online
SSA logo: link to Social Security Online home

Find An Answer to Your Question

Are you an employer? See answers to your W-2 Reporting questions.
Ask a Question
 My FAQ Update Notifications 
  hide accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
     Search Tips? 
  Answer ID  

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  I live outside of the U.S. How do I contact Social Security?

I live outside of the U.S.  How do I contact Social Security?


If you are in CanadaBritish Virgin Islands or Samoa, you may obtain services from an SSA Field Office.

In countries where there are a relatively large number of Social Security customers, American embassies and consulates have personnel who have been specially trained to provide a full range of services, including the taking of applications for benefits.

For phone numbers and addresses of offices serving customers outside of the U.S. see Service Around the World.

You may also contact us by phone if you speak English. You can call our office using the telephone numbers provided. You will need to pay for the call because we do not have toll-free service for calls from outside the U.S. If you call, please do so during normal business hours for the Eastern U.S.

You may also write to us at:

Social Security Administration
Office of International Operations
P.O. Box 17775
Baltimore, Maryland 21235-7775

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Search for Another Answer
  Search for Another Answer  

Privacy Policy | Website Policies & Other Important Information | Site Map         Need Larger Text?