If someone is pressuring you
to do anything that's not
right or good for you, you have
the right to resist. You have the
right to say no, the right not to give a
reason why, and the right to just walk
away from a situation.
Resisting pressure can be hard for some people.Why?
- are afraid of being rejected by others
- want to be liked and don’t want to lose a friend
- don’t want to be made fun of
- don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings
- aren’t sure of what they really want
- don’t know how to get out of the situation
Sometimes resisting isn’t
easy, but you can do it with practice and a little
know-how. Keep trying, even if you don’t get
it right at first. To get started, check out Quick
Tips: You can resist alcohol or anything else
you may feel pressured into. These tips will make
resisting a little easier. Print it, cut it out, and
stash it somewhere safe where you can peek at it if
you need a refresher.