How to Contact Us
- Death of an American citizen abroad
- Arrest/detention of an American citizen abroad
- Robbery of an American citizen abroad
- American citizens missing abroad
- Crisis abroad involving American citizens
- After-hours number for an emergency involving an American citizen abroad
- International parental child abduction
- Intercountry adoption
- Recorded information on custody and adoptions
- Denial of passports to minors in certain circumstances such as abductions
For general children's issues questions concerning international parental child abduction or general intercountry adoption questions, you may e-mail AskCI@state.gov.
For questions that deal with the implementation of the Hague Adoption Convention, you may e-mail AdoptionUSCA@state.gov.
To sign up for the list serv for updates on U.S. preparations for ratification of the Hague Adoption Convention, please send a request and your e-mail address to AdoptionUSCA@state.gov.
For information related to inquiries about visa cases and the application process, call 202-663-1225. For information about immigrant visa cut-off dates, call 202-663-1541. For inquiries about J waiver status, use the J Waiver Status Check website. For immigrant visa inquiries, call the National Visa Center at 603-334-0700 or email NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. The Visa Office's e-mail box for quick, general information is: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org To reach the Kentucky Consular Center, call 606-526-7500.
[Back to Top ]
For information about the passport application process, the status of a passport application, or an emergency passport, visit The National Passport Information Center (NPIC) phone number: 1-877-487-2778.