Waiver of the J Visa Two-Year Foreign Residence Requirement, 212(e)
- Complete Online DS-3035 Application Complete and print your J Visa Waiver Recommendation Application (DS-3035) or Advisory Opinion online. This is the recommended
application method, processing times are reduced and data accuracy is increased. Completing the application online will also reserve a case file number for your application and generate a bar coded data
sheet which is required by some embassies in order to process a No Objection Statement.
NOTE: Please include the barcode when you mail in payment, with the original printed copy of your completed online application.
- Notify us of your change of address by clicking Change of Address
- Check Your Case Status
Notice: There may be delays due to security checks. Please be advised that all J-1 visa waiver recommendation applications are subject to security checks prior to the Department of State issuing its recommendation to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security. This may cause delays in processing times.
- Download Form DS-3035 If you cannot complete the application online, download this form and complete the application by typing your answers in the space provided. Please be aware submitting waiver applications using this method will take longer to complete, longer to process, and is subject to data entry and processing errors. Completing your application online using the Online DS-3035 Application link above is the recommended and preferred method.
- Eligibility and Application Procedures
- What Is the Correct Address to Use During the Waiver Application Process?
- Regulations Relating to INA Section 212(e)
- Processing Fee
- Exchange Visitor Skills List (1997 Amendment)
- Designated Points of Contact:
- Exchange Visitors Visa Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Estimated Processing Times