Do you want to encourage your staff to write more clearly? We think these links will help you get started.
- Having your staff substitute your own examples for the examples in this basic manual is a great way to get buy-in for plain language.
- A little humor never hurts.
- Before and after examples from federal agencies show how powerful plain language can be. Almost every reader would rather read the "after" versions of these documents.
- These writing tips address some of the major problems in bureaucratic writing.
- More and more, we are responsible for writing for the web. This link will help.
- If you can get your staff to use the simple alternatives in this alphabetical word list, their writing will improve significantly.