- Subscribe NowLimited Time Offer
Starbucks' Capitol Hill roastery, complete with Tom Douglas restaurant, open for business
Send this to a friend
A steady stream of customers made their way through the new Starbucks roastery in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood on Friday. Some of them even had a chance to say hello to the company's CEO, Howard Schultz, who was there welcoming the visitors.
The roastery, which is at the corner of Pike Street and Minor Avenue, is part of the company's plan to shift its focus to its premium Starbucks Reserve coffee. The 15,000-square-foot space will allow Starbucks to double its capacity for roasting the small-batch coffees. All Reserve coffee will be roasted at the Capitol Hill location and shipped around the world.
The facility also includes a new pizza restaurant by prominent Seattle chef Tom Douglas. This will be his third Serious Pie location and the restaurant will serve beer and wine.
If you can't make it up there, here's a slideshow of the facility.
If you are commenting using a Facebook account, your profile information may be displayed with your comment depending on your privacy settings. By leaving the 'Post to Facebook' box selected, your comment will be published to your Facebook profile in addition to the space below.
- Most popular
- Starbucks' Schultz: 'The country is not going in the right direction'
- Starbucks launches huge roastery, 'coffee theater' in Capitol Hill
- Historic building that houses Seattle's oldest bar has a new owner
- Museum of Flight plans huge outdoor structure to protect aircraft
- Out with WSU, in with the new: Gonzaga partners with UW in med school
- Crunch time for Civic Square skyrise project in Seattle
- Lawsuit: Providence's wrongful church pension plan underfunds pensions
- Construction boom? New report shows Seattle's not seen anything yet
- Patti Payne's Cool Pads: Even homeowner's rooftop fall didn't stop him
- Now with apparent financing, construction of downtown tower is a go
Sign up to receive Puget Sound Business Journal's Morning Edition and Afternoon Edition newsletters and breaking news alerts.
Account Executive Puget Sound Business Journal | Seattle, WA
Pike On-Premise Sales Position Pike Brewing | Seattle, WA
Pike Specialty Foods Manager Pike Brewing | Seattle, WA
Sr. Named Account Manager Continuant | Tacoma, WA
Human Resources Program Manager Vulcan Inc. | Seattle, WA