Article commenting will be moving from Neighbors to Disqus on April 28. Read more about the change here.

Forums

Man killed in natural gas well explosion identified

Article Discussion: Man killed in natural gas well explosion identified

Postby admin on August 16th, 2012, 3:03 pm #2616980

The man killed in a natural gas well explosion Wednesday has been identified as Brian Wallace, 60, of Evanston, Wyo.The Weld County Coroner said he died from multiple blunt-force injuries that occured when pressurized gas was released as workers prepared one of three wells on Encana Corp.'s Davis well pad to begin pumping.The fatal incident occurred at about 1 p.m., about 5 mile...

Post your comments on the Denver Post article, Man killed in natural gas well explosion identified (click that link to go back and read the article).
admin
The Denver Post
The Denver's recent comments
Mark this user as a friend
Ignore posts from this user
Rocky Reader
Post Subscriber
Site Admin

Badges: 19
Zip Code: 80202

(2 votes)

Article Discussion: Man killed in natural gas well explosion

Postby Sandi C on August 16th, 2012, 5:09 pm #2617164

These types of accidents are amazingly frequent despite industry and governmental assurances otherwise.
List of pipeline accidents in the United States -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pi ... ted_States

It is unfortunate for the families and the first responders to have to deal with these ramifications from this industry. In some incidences the first responders have sued the gas companies that have been responsible for such explosions due to the emotional distress involved. May they find the peace that they will need. I'm sure the government could do more to protect their people. I wonder why they do not. It opens the door to many a lawsuit. Nobody should have to deal with such trauma, particularly because of greed.
"NM Firefighters Sue Over "Scene From Hell" - Fire Rescue 1 - 10/20/2009
http://www.firerescue1.com/fire-ems/art ... from-hell/
Sandi C
Sandi C
Sandi's recent comments
Certified Commenter

Badges: 33

Re: Article Discussion: Man killed in natural gas well explosion

Postby DiffTemp on August 16th, 2012, 7:44 pm #2617327

Sandi C wrote:These types of accidents are amazingly frequent despite industry and governmental assurances otherwise.
List of pipeline accidents in the United States -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pi ... ted_States

It is unfortunate for the families and the first responders to have to deal with these ramifications from this industry. In some incidences the first responders have sued the gas companies that have been responsible for such explosions due to the emotional distress involved. May they find the peace that they will need. I'm sure the government could do more to protect their people. I wonder why they do not. It opens the door to many a lawsuit. Nobody should have to deal with such trauma, particularly because of greed.
"NM Firefighters Sue Over "Scene From Hell" - Fire Rescue 1 - 10/20/2009
http://www.firerescue1.com/fire-ems/art ... from-hell/

This isn't a "pipeline" accident, it's a "completion" accident. By the way, I can only assume that your computer is running on battery power. Otherwise you are depending on natural gas powered electricity, and I can only assume you walk the walk! :roll:
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
DiffTemp
Gregory Z
Gregory's recent comments
Rocky Reader
Certified Commenter

Badges: 30
Zip Code: 80723

Return to Article Talk