Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Alum

5 short, 5 second clips -- no music -- and try not to use clips you've used before :)

tag with: 5 Vignettes and 5x5

and maybe put a little context behind each clip if you want to

Example: vimeo.com/clip:195904

*** User Ryan Brown made this request and I think it makes a great project. Plus, its a great way to use old clips or clips you couldn't figure out what to do with!***

Obar

Obar

good ideer,
mines comin'

oh and its VIGNETTES... dont worry, the spell checker told me haha

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Alum

yeah... I'm a terrible speller. I guess I'll try and change it.

Zach Gore

Zach Gore

Well, Obar. It's IDEA.

haha.

I like this one. Maybe I'll do it!

Andy Galletly

Andy Galletly Plus

i like this idea a lot, i'll have a scurry round for some nice clips

ryan brown

ryan brown

ok! badmalone needs to give me a quick edit tutorial and then im all throwing one up! also, because i seem to be the one who messed up the spelling in the first place, can we just change the name? vimeyettes?!

.dub

.dub

sweet. it'll be up tues :)

heather

heather

just like sir Thommy Browne I plan on making more.

Obar

Obar

you know what might be cool?
if someone were to DL all these clips and edit them together...

but i'm lazy

40 Watt Films

40 Watt Films Plus

More clippings from the super8 scrap reel.

vimeo.com/clip:199899

Looks like this project will run and run. When it gets to 500 entries can they be put back to back? It's long at 3hours 47mins but personally I love long feature films/docs. It would be a fascinating way to spend an evening.

Jozef Garcia

Jozef Garcia Plus

Brilliant idea. I just might fill my whole video profile with vignettes

BILLYTALENT

BILLYTALENT

Wow this is amazing. . . I was like, WTF?
cause I kept seeing clips called 5 vignettes or whatever. . . I'll have to do this!

skyloader

skyloader

fun project, i'm starting to have 5x5 dreams... i'm addcited to this project as well. Here's my third:
vimeo.com/226785

pjr

pjr

Here in my contribution:
vimeo.com/231976

5 Vignettes - Benicàssim Festival, Spain

Alli Gallixsee

Alli Gallixsee

I love this project- so easy, even my busy azz pulled a little one off. I love watching all y'alls little slices of life. I'm such a voyeur. So I'll show you mine since you showed me yours: a lil peek into my often crazy but always strangely magickal world...
vimeo.com/238154

bk

bk Plus

Number two:

vimeo.com/241368

I took my five favorite shots/scenes and put them together. I rolled the music from the first clip to suppliment the rest.

Tamma Strongbear

Tamma Strongbear

OK here is mine.....

vimeo.com/242969

and yes i over produced it..... i can't help myself those years of film school just kick in when ever they want. =)

I have a felling no one is gona see it but.... i had to make one....

Ben Millett

Ben Millett

I'm late, too:
vimeo.com/245373

I know BadMalone said no music, but I had to (further justification in description).

Jess

Jess

My first one, Voilà: vimeo.com/255172

I've kind of been on a vimeo spree, so I may have some more soon, who knows?

Eric E. Anderson

Eric E. Anderson

Didn't even realize 5 Vignettes started here... this kind of community stuff is part of what makes Vimeo so cool.

... a link to my 5x5: vimeo.com/427587

Mark Jensen

Mark Jensen

Great project! We got snow here in atlanta georgia last night!!! so i couldn't help put a little 5x5 vignette together about it. i know it's supposed to be random...i'll do more :)
vimeo.com/614938

bk

bk Plus

My on-camera audio was rough, so I had to add some music.
This is five shots from a day out, shooting an industrial job.

vimeo.com/629365

Spike

Spike

I may have bent the rules on this (with the music and not so random footage), but anyway here's my first 5x5
vimeo.com/638639

Spike

Spike

Just added another one. This project is great, there is no excuse not to make one.
vimeo.com/648491

Matt Pringle

Matt Pringle

Here's mine although i guess this breaks the no music rule. The music playing was on an itunes playlist i had running when i was filming.

vimeo.com/716657

menonpri

menonpri

am u too late to do this? or can i join in the fun too??

Toumal Rakesh

Toumal Rakesh

Seconded, that's a very fun project, and the entries so far have been very diverse and inspiring.

Here's my entry, featuring planes, sushi and other things man cannot live without:

vimeo.com/823483

walt

walt

sorry, i made them more than 5 seconds each.

i just found your page.

martin

martin

so brothers and sisters of 5x5 i'm givin you my piece of it.. we can now make a 5x5 festival with all that stuff we have :)
vimeo.com/845876

Dan Huston

Dan Huston

I love this idea - a little peek into what people see around themselves - getting one together now...

Andy Galletly

Andy Galletly Plus

any chance of a 5x5 group?
groups seem to fit the spirit of projects perfectly...

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

i would, but man, that would take FOREVER to go through all these....

Andy Galletly

Andy Galletly Plus

couldn't you do that channel to group vimeo voodoo?
I suppose that would mean losing the channel :(

Georgina Ditton

Georgina Ditton

Here's my 1st, made from old footage. I'll probably make some more, I have a long hoilday with nothing to do ahead of me.

vimeo.com/1428469

Quaint Living

Quaint Living

vimeo.com/1487055

I did one. My first Vimeo video :) It seems like with this project, as well as more experienced people using good shots they haven't been able to use elsewhere, it seems a good way to dip your toe into Vimeo (so to speak) if you are a beginner.

Stephen G

Stephen G

I am making a mixture of clips, some from activity's and some for this project alone.
I will see something interesting and try and get at least 5 seconds of it.
It's been a great way to experiment and learn for me.

Fifth Column Features

Fifth Column Features

During the 6-7 day soundtrack recording of the feature "The Brave and the Kind" I will be putting together a 5x5 depicting each days progress. Heres the first one.

vimeo.com/1520681

Sebas Alaez

Sebas Alaez

This is my little contribution to 5x5 fantastic project.

vimeo.com/1579639

My first footage of new Canon HF100. Edited with a Pentium IV... you know...

Dr Dimento

Dr Dimento

don't ya think this project would have been more fun if it had purpose attached to the 5-5's instead of just random pieces? u know, a bunch of mixed vids that spell a purpose . . like 4 skate board vids followed by an ambulance rushing off and a skate board sitting there on the ground? :o) that would be sooooooo kewl !

ArtsyFartsyTim

ArtsyFartsyTim

Suhweet. People still doing this? Paris x 2, USA, London, and Ireland, all in one quick 25 second clip.

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!

vimeo.com/2551568

Corey Bennett

Corey Bennett

just upped mine.

man, that took me way back to when i used an old cannon point and shoot camera for video, which was in high school.

furthermore, i realized as I was uploading that most of my clips involved a hello in some way. perhaps i'll write a thesis on the word.

Thiago Martins

Thiago Martins

Recently I have made a "My Day, Yesterday" video for a garrettmurray's project at Vimeo/Flickr. You should see more about it. It's about making a short video (90" top) about everything you did yesterday. (you shoot it, and edit/publish at the day after, so, it's always about yesterday in your life). vimeo.com/2626980

Jim Goodin

Jim Goodin

This is a wonderful idea, just like gesture drawing... here is my submission for the channel and thanks for looking.
vimeo.com/2811681

Anthony O'Rourke

Anthony O'Rourke

Hi, I'm a new member. Greetings to all! I think this is a good idea as it's quite easy yet interesting. Thanks Blake.

Here's mine:
vimeo.com/2982493

Jamie Thompson

Jamie Thompson

I'm gonna do this, but someone needs to make a group so we can keep all this together :D

Tyler Malone

Tyler Malone

Will someone please tell me what a 5x5 is?
is it just like 5 random clips or what?

Tyler Malone

Tyler Malone

will someone please tell me what a 5x5 is?
is it like 5 random clips that are 5 seconds?

Kevin Anderson

Kevin Anderson

yes, 5 random clips, that are each 5 seconds long. no music, just the clips. dig through old footage that you have, you will find plenty of random stuff.

Gareth Macmahon

Gareth Macmahon

Tyler, I think it's five brief (5 sec) clips that are unrelated (not partr of the same larger clip). But thats a guess, cause I really don't have a clue myself! Listen to the new guy, I dare you!

Kevin Anderson

Kevin Anderson

will have mine up by tommorrow evening. cool project

Stephanie

Stephanie

Yeah I didnt follow the rules quite much, but my film was cut so bad and i wanted to do something nice with it. but here it is!!:

vimeo.com/4211013

Stephanie

Stephanie

quite much??? haha
**quite right

Larry

Larry

This is my very first submission for a project. It was fun to spend the day around town just taping whatever looked fun. I hope to do more in the future

vimeo.com/5669812

skyler

skyler

yeah! i finished mine...lol. :]
all the ones i have seen have been so interesting and creative!
vimeo.com/5996436

Nathan Avant

Nathan Avant

For my first Vimeo video, I thought I would do one of these. Going through the old footage was a great time!

vimeo.com/6533428

Steve Wachner

Steve Wachner

I finally got around to doing this! I've wanted to for a while and even made one some time back. I think I have three of them buried in my computer... anyway...

vimeo.com/8020995

king

king

THIS IS SUNSHINE AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT
SUNSHINE from king on Vimeo.

NYVS

NYVS

This is a great project and it lives on for 3+ years. We're going to suggest to the community at nyvs.com. It's a great project for a seasoned professional and someone just starting out.

BRIAN BON

BRIAN BON

this was fun :)
vimeo.com/9515031

1)34 st train station
2)walking in the city
3)driving to Los Angeles
4)walking on train rail
5)Norwalk city park

Peter Sarfas

Peter Sarfas Plus

vimeo.com/10275388

just uploaded, so ready soon!

cades cove scenic / bird feeding on patio table in the snow / driving through cades cove / deer running / sunset over smokey mountains

Indie Vidual

Indie Vidual

you all should upload our films into contests at bigstar.tv it's very easy to win if you have talent.

Kiera Faye

Kiera Faye

This is such a fantastic idea. Good for motivating me to get something DONE quickly and use footage that may have just gone straight to the archives...

vimeo.com/10686823

And another one at a favorite brewery:
vimeo.com/10687397

Both from the Canon 7D.

Kiera Faye

Kiera Faye

There's this one too, but is it cheating because there's music throughout? It's not a separate music track, just audio from one of the clips...

vimeo.com/11213220

tani p

tani p

I found about this today & am slightly obsessed. I whipped this little guy up just now!

vimeo.com/12681767

Simon Cramar

Simon Cramar

Ok, I find the answer by myself ^^
Just reading what was up !

Andrea Williams

Andrea Williams

just saw this!! i"m going to do this for sure. thank you!

Andras Simonffy

Andras Simonffy

How do i add my video/clip for this or any other board?

Robert Carrillo

Robert Carrillo

*not trying to troll*

Why are vignettes so popular.... I really don't understand why these get so much activity when someone requests them.

Can someone please shed some light on this exercise???
Maturely too... remember I'm not trolling...

Dantes Rosete

Dantes Rosete

I think its fun to just do. 5 clips at 5 seconds each... quick, easy... no need to elaborately edit and process, but can still portray a small message

just like this! vimeo.com/26949982

Ionut Vancea

Ionut Vancea

Animated short film about morning routine
A film by Ionut Vancea
Animation Short Film, 3' 36''
Technique: traditional 2D animation

Link: vimeo.com/72684280

ART BY CHANCE

ART BY CHANCE Plus

Hello everyone! This is Cagil from Art By Chance working as Project Coordination Assistant.
Art by Chance Film Festival collects amazingly diverse ultra short films from all around the world. Before long, internationally selected fascinating movies pop into your lives suddenly in subways, airports, shopping malls, etc reaching more than 20 countries / 200 cities and 1.5 billion worldwide.
Theme for this year is Discover. Art By Chance sets out to celebrate the act of discovery in all its forms, from people to places to ideas this year. We would greatly appreciate it if you kindly support us and spread the word. Get going! We are waiting for your films! You might win a round flight ticket to anywhere in the world by the courtesy of our global sponsor Turkish Airlines. For more information about the festival, please visit artbychance.com
Our participation video: vimeo.com/105332631
Kindest regards,
Cagil Ozdemir
Project Coordination Assistant

Link: artbychance.com

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.